Life has been so crazy lately that I haven't even had time to read everyone else's blogs, let alone update mine! Also, my computer at school often blocks blogs but it didn't today, so I thought I would read a little and add some....so much for the mounds of paper work!! ;)
We are currently living with my in-laws. We moved in last Friday and were only going to be there for 4 days.... we are in the middle of remodeling our house. We lived for one week using paper plates (killing any ideas of "going green"), and the bathroom sink. Then last Friday we ripped the bathroom to pieces (a project I have been DYING to do for 5 years) so we lost our only toilet and sink. That is when we moved out. Living with my in-laws has been very nice, we are ready to go home but it really has been very handy. We have a babysitter that always wants Max and we live so close that it is easy to go back and forth.
So far we (meaning Brian, I am not much help at all) have retiled the kitchen, torn everything out of it, sheet rocked the walls, torn out the bath and tiled that, and painted. Now we only have to do one more coat of paint in both rooms and hang bead board in the bath. The bead board is to hide some more bad walls. Brian is tired of tearing things off walls to find that the lady we bought the house from put thing up to hide bad walls. So now we are hiding a bad wall, but it will at least look good! ;) The roofers are finishing tonight... the cabinets were going in on Monday but now they will go in next Wednesday. Our Bathroom will be put back together in the next few days and we will clean up. So by next Thursday the inside is almost done!! All except the base boards and a few window frames to paint. Then we get to get the grass in!
Brian is such a great husband and hard worker!! We usually do a big project a year and then we are tired and take a break. But now we have to finish what we started before we sell, and we want to get more money out of it in the end. So we will put it on the market in May or June. Some projects are a pain, the roof, because it needed to be done at least a year ago, but we just didn't do it. So now, it won't increase the value but is going to start leaking any minute..
I will post before (5 years ago) and now pictures when he finishes,
Work is also crazy for both of us because it is the end of the school year. Normally this time of year we both work late and then want to crash. Poor Brian does not get to crash! I am pregnant and my body stops working after so many hours, so that leaves him to do more. I really don't know how I scored such a great catch, I do worry lately if he will stick around...
Only 15 more days of school and 1 week of home craziness!! Then life can almost calm down...
Max is still darling...doesn't really understand why we live with Grandma, but she has lots of cookies!
3 comments:
Wow - now that is a lot of fixin' up! I cannot wait to see the before and after pictures. I have already seen part of the re-model, and I agree, Brian is quite the catch. Like a big yummy Tuna! Wait till the re-model is done and then you can join in going green. We are doing our part to save the environment, even though not many others are helping us out. I am very inspired by fellow eco-friendly friends! Thanks for the update.
Lynz...I remember your vision for your "fixer" from the tour I got when I visited for your wedding, and I can't wait for the updated pics to see the final product! Aren't you lucky you can pull the pregnant card? :) GOOD WORK BRIAN! And Lynz, I don't think he's going anywhere...he's smitten with you lady!
You guys are BUSY!! How fun to get all your projects done though! Can't wait to see the before and after pics!
Post a Comment