Sunday, October 16, 2011

Max turns 5, October 7th!


 Friday, October 7th, Max turned 5. I can't believe he is already 5!  He woke up to his favorite breakfast, Hoot-n-annies. Brian died them blue to make them even better! I was doing my field work so I was already at the hospital so I missed the day but they all had a great time. They went fishing in a pond up the street.  The pond is in a neighborhood and we just learned that they fill it full of cat fish.  They used hot dogs to fish, yuck! And they caught many fish!  Brian took some great video but it won't upload for some reason.  The story of the day was that Max had put his pole down and a fish was hooked. Before he got to pick it up the fish swam off with his pole!! So funny! So then Max was using Brians pole and another fish was hooked. When Max reeled it in, it had a huge cat fish and the wire was stuck to the wire on Max's pole with another fish! So they were able to get his pole back.  Max tells it great...and you would be able watch it all if only it would upload.. :)
 Max wanted a new bike for his birthday. He had out grown his other one. We found this spider man bike for him, he also got this costume and a book all about our bodies and how they work.

For his birthday dinner, he wanted fish and fries. So we had salmon and fries.  He loves fish now that he enjoys catching them!  We also got a small star wars cake for our family.  These smash cakes from walmart are our favorite for our little group!
Max is just too fun these days. He is getting to that silly 5 year old boy stage.. He loves to play with anything boy. He is currently in soccer and karate. He is such a nice boy. To everyone, including his sister, most of the time.  He still loves to cuddle with me and wrestle with his dad. We just love this little guy and are so grateful he is in our family!

3 comments:

Danelle said...

Awesome fish story! And he is as cute as ever!

Nat Heaton said...

How can Max possibly be 5? He is so so darling! Love all the party pics!

Rebecca Pierce said...

Hahaha...he's only five. I thought 7 sounded off! I was looking at my google reader and the post below the party post had his birth date, "7" in it and I got "he's 7" in my mind. That's impossible since he is younger than Alice, who did just turn six!