Saturday, August 13, 2011

The end of summer swim lessons

This was the last session of swim lessons offered through the city for the summer. It ended the first week of August.  Lily turned three during this session so they let her in. It was great because we paid for group lessons but both kids were the only ones enrolled in their classes so they each got private lessons!


Lily loved her teacher and the feelings were mutual! She gave us her number to babysit for us.  Lily  learned some new skills but has her own style of doing things. Such as big swim arms are a really small doggie paddle... I would often hear her say, very politely, " no thanks, i not want to do that."  Not exactly what a parent wants to hear but at least she is nice about it!

Max has come so far with swimming this year! I goes across the whole length now.  He is working on side breathing which has made him need a few more stops but still doing great. He wasn't ready for the diving board but loved the deep end!

1 comment:

Danelle said...

I need to come visit. :( I miss you all.