Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thomas reunion at Duck Creek

We had so much fun at this reunion! We stayed in a very nice  cabin that was big enough to fit us all!   Here are just a few pictures of our vacation....
We did lots of 4 wheeling! This Ranger is AWESOME! It belongs to Jenas' family but should be in ours... we also brought our 4 wheeler. Lots  and lots of trails right outside our cabin door!



We relaxed a lot, which was so nice! We played outside games; corn hole, bad mitten, digging...




The kids made a few necklaces. And we RELAXED (did I mention that part yet?)



We ate AMAZING  food. Way to much of it actually! Next year we are only going to eat breakfast and dinner, there was no room for lunch!



We spent one afternoon at Cedar Breaks National Monument.  It is very pretty.






Max and the other kids were given a book to work in, if they got so much done they were given a badge and became Jr Rangers. This is no joke with a certain son of mine.  Max was so proud! You would have thought he just became a real Ranger after years of hard work. (one month later and the badge is still worn at least 1/2 of the week)






Grandma had an Easter Egg Hunt one morning. Jaynes' kids wondered why, while mine just acted surprised that it was Easter again so soon! They all were happy to play along!  I was hoping for a Santa visit but it never happened.




Max didn't believe me that I could drive the 4 wheeler. He kept saying, "Mom you are doing it! you really are driving the 4 wheeler!" He was so proud and cheered me on this whole ride


Some of our group went exploring in a cave






We had a treasure hunt one morning. The kids had fun with it.  Have I mentioned how much junk food we ate? I seriously gained weight and I am still full almost a month later...


Here is the front and only view I took of the cabin


Some went exploring






What kind of Mother am I to put this picture in here!  I just love her and all her drama, she is just so cute!


We didn't work out at all but these boys got some planks in!




And we HAVE to mention the dancing with JUST DANCE on the wii.... sooo fun! (I may get in trouble for these, but really one of my favorite afternoons!)


We played other games also, we visited lots, and we had a great time. I wish we could do it every year. I hope we start doing it more then every 3 years. okay, I just wish we all lived close by each other!  Especially Jaynes' daughter Kennedy... Lily still misses her and I miss all the attention Lily got from her!

THE END.

3 comments:

Kennedy said...

So much fun, i love having family get gatherings..... the last picture is a great ending!! CUTE CUTE

jayne said...

How sad is it that I took zero pictures besides the ones we dressed up for! I'm glad you documented my kids so well. I might just have to steal them for my blog book! And. I loved lilies ending. Hilarious!

jayne said...

I typed "lilys". Darn auto correct.