Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Trot

We ran a 10K on Thanksgiving Day. What a way to say thanks for working bodies! It was mine and Brian's first 10K. Here we are before the race. It was actually January weather here and in the 50s, we were freezing!
Brian was the lucky one to push these darling bundles of joy. They run with him often and did fine, didn't sleep but did fine.
This is Uncle Matt after the race. I ran past them, expecting a cheering squad since I knew I would be last...but they were distracted and didn't see me! It took us about 20 minutes to find each other after the race. I think most of the East Valley participates in this run.
Yay! We did it! Brian was the fastest at 59 minutes. Matt was the second fastest at 60 minutes. I was the third fastest at 1 hr and 10 minutes. Yes that is one mile behind my husband who was pushing 60 lbs in the jogger! Please keep in mind that I AM NOT A RUNNER, well, I wasn't before! With this fast pace i will probably enter the Olympics soon. Just kidding. But my goal was to do it faster then an hour and 15 min and not be the last to finish. There were lots of people behind me. This was a fun race. I am sold on 10ks. They are still somewhat of a challenge but not a nightmare. And a wonderful activity before a huge meal!

No comments: