Sunday, June 28, 2009

The love and stress of our lives...

Look at her innocent face....this was a few years ago....now she is going gray....
I am talking about Indy here, although Max also fits that title... we LOVE our dog. she is nothing like the dog in Marley and Me, except for the loving part. But she is determined when she wants to be. We moved into a house with a 6 foot cinder block fence. Perfect for her, she can't get out. There is a doggy door going into the house so she can come and go. It seemed perfect, and it was for a whole week. Until she found a way to jump over the fence and run around while we were not home. When she is alone, NOTHING will keep her from finding something to do. So we had to go and buy a wire fence, you know the horrible shock them kind, which we should have bought years ago. So the first time she was shocked she was so mad she would have nothing to do with Brian for a few hours that day. This is rare, because she likes him more then me. She was so scared of him that she got into the shower to be closer to me when he walked in the bathroom. So we thought all would be good now, poor dog stuck in the safety of her own yard....but now she has accidents in our house! I mean like poop and pee accidents!!! She has not done that since she was a puppy! It is horrible!! I cleaned the carpets the other day and then in the morning there was a nice gift in the middle of the carpet...gggrrrrrrr.... Okay so she has only had 3 accidents but that is 3 too many. We have figured out that the poor girl is getting shocked every now and then when she leaves the doggy door...so we have some more work to do.... It is a good thing that we love her so much.

2 comments:

Danelle said...

Sounds to me like it's a good thing SHE love you so much. Man, if I was getting shocked each time I tried to do my business the "right" way, I'd be making you clean the carpet way more often than three times. And I would make sure I ate lots of nasty stuff...good thing I'm not your dog, eh?

That dog is awesome...I hope she always stays as patient with Max as she is now. She's such a sweety and a terrific buddy for him. Poor little gal, I hope you get the bugs out of the shocker soon.

Shaye said...

Our pup is the love of our lives these days...but oh such a pain! :) I think Jim is his favorite, but that's 'cause Jim spoils him! haha We're hooked though! Jim even mentioned getting another Mastiff once we're in a house that we actually own! Crazy man!