Saturday, July 12, 2008

wow it has been one crazy week! I am seeing an end in sight but so far I am the only one......
I have been an emotional basketcase (sp?) but I am starting to get over it. there is to much to do and to many people here to cry in front of!! :)

Well, my mom, Max, and I left on Tuesday and made it 1/2 way. We stayed at Ben and Jennas that night. they were great! They even gave their bed to the prego woman...I am HUGE by the way! We unfortunately were so tired that we didn't socialize long. Thanks for being to wonderful to us!!

We arrived here on Wednesday night. We were soooo tired that we ordered pizza and went to bed. I was in denial and not at all excited to get to know the new places I was to call home on Thursday morning. I got over it quickly and everything I could need it just right here. Although with traffic it still takes a little longer then I am used too. I about died when I saw our very nice and clean and SMALL apartment. the storage will be fine, but that means that EVERYTHING WE OWN has to go into storage or we will trip over everything. It is 1150 sq ft. I thought our house was only 1200...what is 50 ft? I knew we would miss the garage and storage room because they were in addition to the 1200...only to learn I was wrong and our house is just under 1400 sq ft. and that does not include the above mentioned storage! I thought we were in small space before!!! it took my mom 7 hours to work in the tiny kitchen and we aren't quit done yet!!

Poor Brian has been killing himself since tuesday. he packed up with the help of many great friends, and realized that we don't fit in the 5-8 room moving van!! Yep our Budget truck was to small!! I about died when i heard that! So we had to rent an additional trailer to pull behind the huge truck. they made great time but were very tired. they actually hit a huge rain storm as they arrived here and had to drive very slow. there were many accidents. it is apparently monsoon season and it was crazy weather!! it has been kind of humid instead of hot the last 2 days. I guess that is rare.

so they arrived Thursday night and we all headed back to the hotel after looking at the apartment. Which by the way, they decided to put in new carpet and it wasn't done yet, panic!! But it was done by AM so we were fine. Nick (Brians cousin) had lined up help for us for Friday AM to unpack. We couldn't fit in one car so we borrowed nicks. His wife is prego and due soon but having a c-section on Saturday (today), so she made the comment, "the only reason we would need the car is if I went into labor, and that won't happen."
So we get to the hotel and get a phone call that her water broke!! Brian and I rushed over and stayed with their toddler.

Crazy! We are now unloaded and about 2 days away from being unpacked, i went to my new DR and liked her, we have learned the area right here. All is going to be fine. I have to say I miss my house and my dog. It brings tears to my eyes when max asks for her, which is every 30 minutes.

We are sooo lucky to have all the help that came with us! they leave today (except my mom) and I am homesick for Brian just thinking about him leaving. Unpacking is easier then packing the prego problems come out in my emotions!!

I love and miss you all!
ps... i really am soooo huge right now, on top of all the emotions from the move I got my first tummy stretch marks this week.I was traumatized... but the baby is great and i haven't even started to progress....

4 comments:

Nat Heaton said...

Oh my gosh Lynz....I want to jump in my car right now and come help!!! We are only 30 mins away. Please let us know what we can do! I don't know how you are doing all of this, because I am a wreck and I just lay around all day "willing" this baby to come. You are one tough cookie!!! Hang in there and please please please let me know what we can do to ease your stress!!

jayne said...

Is it sad that after reading about all of your trauma I'm only glad to hear that you finally got stretch marks?! What a horrible sister I am. Hopefully all the unpacking will make you forget your rotund body. Maybe I should move so I can forget the size I've got goin' on. I actually wish I was there to help. Only my 4 kids probably wouldn't be the best help....If I were you, I'd just go get some Godiva Cheesecake and soak in the bathtub while you eat it. It will make everything okay, I promise.

Rebecca Pierce said...

I'm calling you right now. Your sister is horrible. At least she knows it.

Derek said...

Hey, this is Derek Petersen. Charlie mentioned that you were moving to AZ. We live in Gilbert. Let us know if we can help. derekpetersen4@gmail.com